- For the confused beginner, Greek Dialects - Where to Start
- Lesbian Aeolic.
- Choral Doric
- Bucolic Doric
Meter and Recitation
- A general introduction to Greek meter (PDF)
- In Some Comments on the Epic Caesura I give a possible origin for the heroic hexameter, and then analyze the first 21 lines of Iliad A with special attention to the caesura.
- In Reciting the Heroic Hexameter I present one way to recite hexameters. The PDF has links to MP3 examples.
- The Error of Caragounis, a summary of some problems with C. Caragounis' notion that Ancient and Modern Greek are pronounced identically.
- A reference: Words with Digamma in Epic.
- Which word shapes go where: Localization in the Hexameter. On pp.53-57 of Chad Bochan's notes on iambic comp are localization tables for iambic trimeters.
Meta - About Aoidoi.org